Pitching Lessons for 10 year Old Daughter
749 Views | 11 Replies
theeyetest
4:10p, 5/12/24
For some reason I can't find someone worth a hoot in the DFW area willing to take on beginners. Everyone seems to be in Houston or out of state all together. Anyone have ANY insight?

We've tried 3 different ones and they were all not very good.
fc2112
4:29p, 5/12/24
Buddies of mine have had success going to the high school their daughter will eventually feed into and getting a high school coach or even an upperclassman pitcher to coach girls. It's an easy little side gig for them.
aggie_wes
5:09p, 5/12/24
My wife gives lessons at Parker County Baseball & Softball in Aledo. She has several beginners that's she's giving lessons to. Not sure where you are in DFW, but she has a few spots open and may have more starting in a few weeks once school is out.
gabehcoud
6:24p, 5/12/24
10 year old beginning pitching lessons? About 5 years too late. Start flower picking lessons in right field instead.
aggie_wes
6:54p, 5/12/24
In reply to gabehcoud
Nah. 10 is about right. Some kids start at 8, but that's pretty rare.
mosdefn14
7:33p, 5/12/24
Not sure if she's still doing hands on pitching instruction or more mental work now, but I'd look at Meagan Denny White. She's a sip, but a wonderful coach and even better human.

https://www.powerlinepitchinginstruction.com
theeyetest
12:19a, 5/13/24
In reply to aggie_wes
aggie_wes said:

My wife gives lessons at Parker County Baseball & Softball in Aledo. She has several beginners that's she's giving lessons to. Not sure where you are in DFW, but she has a few spots open and may have more starting in a few weeks once school is out.

Aledo might be a bit too far. We're around the Waxahachie area. Maybe after our select and state season run ends. She's been wanting to pitch and it's literally the only position I have no clue on how to help.
theeyetest
12:21a, 5/13/24
In reply to gabehcoud
gabehcoud said:

10 year old beginning pitching lessons? About 5 years too late. Start flower picking lessons in right field instead.

LOL. Tell me you know nothing about softball without telling me you know nothing about softball.
theeyetest
12:21a, 5/13/24
In reply to mosdefn14
mosdefn14 said:

Not sure if she's still doing hands on pitching instruction or more mental work now, but I'd look at Meagan Denny White. She's a sip, but a wonderful coach and even better human.

Thank you. I will look into this. It looks similar to what Amanda Scarborough is offering.
gabehcoud
10:44a, 5/13/24
In reply to theeyetest
theeyetest said:

gabehcoud said:

LOL. Tell me you know nothing about softball without telling me you know nothing about softball.
If those rise balls arent rising, the drop balls aren't dropping, the screw balls arent screwing by 10 she's way behind. My 5 year old is working on her change up and knuckler and 4 seam fastball.
theeyetest
11:01a, 5/13/24
In reply to gabehcoud
gabehcoud said:

theeyetest said:

gabehcoud said:

If those rise balls arent rising, the drop balls aren't dropping, the screw balls arent screwing by 10 she's way behind. My 5 year old is working on her change up and knuckler and 4 seam fastball.

Stop it.
AlphaBean
1:38p, 5/13/24
In reply to theeyetest
theeyetest said:

mosdefn14 said:

Thank you. I will look into this. It looks similar to what Amanda Scarborough is offering.

Someone beat me to it. You'd be in great hands with Meagan. Played with and against her for many years.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off
Auto-detect device settings