Rattlesnake carnage
4,545 Views | 31 Replies
wheelz
2:34p, 5/8/24
I keep forgetting to post this but last month on a turkey hunt in Pearsall I ran into one of my bucket list trophies. Had help from an ex TexAgger chick who was luckily raised in the wild so she dispatched him for me.

And none of my local spineless taxidermists would take him so I left him in Pearsall to be mounted. Gonna look great on the bourbon bar.
CS78
2:53p, 5/8/24
Cool. How many rattles?

I always wanted a big old nasty cotton mouth mounted with its mouth open. Not on a base, so it could be strategically placed as needed.
bam02
3:02p, 5/8/24
Alright now we are gonna need a pic of that thing and the bar when it's done!
Doc Hayworth
3:26p, 5/8/24
In reply to CS78
I counted 14 or 15
wheelz
3:30p, 5/8/24
In reply to CS78
CS78 said:

Cool. How many rattles?

I always wanted a big old nasty cotton mouth mounted with its mouth open. Not on a base, so it could be strategically placed as needed.
14 with some broken off. Big ol' boy.
B-1 83
4:09p, 5/8/24
In reply to wheelz
wheelz said:

CS78 said:

Cool. How many rattles?

14 with some broken off. Big ol' boy.
That would make a buzz!
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
Apache
4:22p, 5/8/24
Now I want a rattlesnake mounted for my bar. Thanks wheelz!
If I could somehow get a rattler & a roadrunner fighting mounted... THAT would be awesome!
wheelz
7:37p, 5/8/24
In reply to Apache
Apache said:

If I could somehow get a rattler & a roadrunner fighting mounted... THAT would be awesome!
Shouldn't be a problem if you have any south Texas connections. And there has to be a bourbon that rattlesnake themed. I know there's a cinnamon Snake Bite at least.
$240 Worth of Pudding
9:23p, 5/8/24
In reply to wheelz
Fantastic pic! Hell that's almost as good as the mount is gonna be!
mandevilleag
9:32p, 5/8/24
In reply to Apache
Apache said:

Or a roadrunner and a coyote!

It might be difficult to find a legit taxidermist willing to do a roadrunner mount though. I know it's illegal to kill them, but perhaps there are old mounts available pre-MBTA.
Atreides Ornithopter
9:36p, 5/8/24
It would have been a better pic if the snake was wearing a Texags shirt.
LRHF
10:37p, 5/8/24
Thanks for posting , what a cool rattler!
fullback44
11:28p, 5/8/24
That's a little scary looking
DargelSkout
5:44a, 5/9/24
Looks like that guy has been eating well.
Yesterday
7:24a, 5/9/24
What nightmares are made of.
txags92
7:47a, 5/9/24
In reply to wheelz
wheelz said:

I keep forgetting to post this but last month on a turkey hunt in Pearsall I ran into one of my bucket list trophies. Had help from an ex TexAgger chick who was luckily raised in the wild so she dispatched him for me.

And none of my local spineless taxidermists would take him so I left him in Pearsall to be mounted. Gonna look great on the bourbon bar.

We all just going to sit around pretending we didn't see that part of the story? Acting like rules don't apply to him or something?
Mas89
8:14a, 5/9/24
In reply to wheelz
I agree Wheelz. She should be in the photo also…
wheelz
9:07a, 5/9/24
In reply to txags92
txags92 said:

wheelz said:

We all just going to sit around pretending we didn't see that part of the story? Acting like rules don't apply to him or something?
. Wish I had bikini pics for you.
txags92
11:08a, 5/9/24
In reply to wheelz

Well done sir! I had seen that photo elsewhere so I knew you could do it. I just wanted to make sure the rest of these slackers around here understood how Rule #1 compliance looked in real time.

Oh, and did you mean "raised in the wild"? Or "raising the wild"?
HtownAg92
11:19a, 5/9/24
In reply to txags92
txags92 said:

Well done sir! I had seen that photo elsewhere so I knew you could do it. I just wanted to make sure the rest of these slackers around here understood how Rule #1 compliance looked in real time.

An attractive Christian country girl who loves the outdoors and is not afraid of snakes -- that's a unicorn.
txags92
11:36a, 5/9/24
In reply to HtownAg92
HtownAg92 said:

txags92 said:

An attractive Christian country girl who loves the outdoors and is not afraid of snakes -- that's a unicorn.
And I bet her favorite thing about that pic is that the snake is so large it makes her look short.
2ndChanceAg96
11:38a, 5/9/24
Wheelz has this thread on point!!

There is a 7 footer hanging at my moms that I killed many years ago in high school. It had 23 or 24 rattles I believe. I used to keep them in my truck but over the years they fell apart.
wheelz
11:41a, 5/9/24
In reply to txags92
txags92 said:

Yes!
wheelz
11:43a, 5/9/24
In reply to 2ndChanceAg96
2ndChanceAg96 said:

There is a 7 footer hanging at my moms that I killed many years ago in high school. It had 23 or 24 rattles I believe. I used to keep them in my truck but over the years they fell apart.
I heard that back in the day there was a 10K bounty on any 8 foot rattler, and nonody ever claimed it.
2ndChanceAg96
11:46a, 5/9/24
In reply to wheelz
I was told by many at the time that I could have made some good coin had I captured it alive. High School says hell to the no though. I clearly remember the entire process of dispatching it and I was shaking the entire time. LOL.
O.G.
12:34p, 5/9/24
In reply to wheelz
wheelz said:

txags92 said:

wheelz said:

Thanks, we can take it from here.....
O.G.
12:42p, 5/9/24
In reply to wheelz
wheelz said:

2ndChanceAg96 said:

I heard that back in the day there was a 10K bounty on any 8 foot rattler, and nonody ever claimed it.
Bob Ramsey (A&M Class of 43) Rancher and Writer had one in his house that was 8ft 4inches.

Bob said he found him in a stack of tires.
wheelz
2:13p, 5/9/24
In reply to HtownAg92
HtownAg92 said:

txags92 said:

She's definitely unicorny.
one safe place
9:23p, 5/9/24
In reply to wheelz
wheelz said:

txags92 said:

wheelz said:

Very pretty gal!
cheeky
9:52p, 5/9/24
Come on guys! Username checks out

Outstanding post
SW AG80
10:44a, 5/10/24
In reply to Doc Hayworth
I did too.

And I'm happy to say I have never seen one that big.
buda91
2:11p, 5/10/24
In reply to SW AG80
SW AG80 said:

I did too.

And I'm happy to say I have never seen one that big.

TWSS.
CLOSE
Cancel
Copy Topic Link to Clipboard
Back
Copy
Page 1 of 1
Verify your student status Register
See Membership Benefits >
CLOSE
Night mode
Off